Talking with The Tribe and Matt Farber
In the seminal book game-based learning in action, Matthew Farber shows how master teachers promote deep learning through the use of video games. He goes behind the scenes to model how these teachers use both common pedagogical techniques and novel approaches to reach their students.
How would you like to talk directly with Matt and these teachers? Matt will lead the discussion with well known icons such as Steve Isaacs, Peggy Sheehy, Paul Darvasi, Bron Stucky, Glen Irvin, and John Fallon, plus other members of The Tribe who are likely to drop in.
Please register below
Date: Wednesday, May 16
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/5:00PM Pacific time
- We will discuss topics likeWhat are the students learning?
- What are the results of using games?
- How is it different teaching with games and teaching more traditionally?
- What do they do to prepare and plan their classes?
- How did they do to get to the point where they knew enough to teach this way?
- What help, support, and advice do they have for you with your students?
You can read more about Matt's book here.